The MYTERN Apps are designed to retrain, not entertain
One of the most powerful PETs (Personal Emotional Tool) that can help transform your thinking patterns, is the MYTERN App. When you download one of the MYTERN Apps you receive a daily text message five days a week (the messages may lose their impact if received every day).
The MYTERN daily messages are designed to:
- remind you that you are in charge of your steering wheel
- to be mindful about checking in with your GPS (what road you are on)
- that it is not the circumstances or people that are making you feel a certain way; it is how you are responding to it
- that you can be in charge of that response
- work on creating new neural pathways
These messages can be incredibly powerful and useful, especially in the initial stages when you are trying to master the skill of MYTERN – transforming it into a daily habit. As Dr Foster found in her research with first year university students; it can literally save lives.
It’s the daily repetition of the message that helps utilize the neuroplasticity of your brain, creating healthier pathways and a healthier you 🙂